Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Favorite Middle Grade Novels

This is a simple post. While I don't remember every middle grade book I've read in the past, there are some that stick with me. And some I'm not sure if they count as middle grade but I read them during that time so maybe they count. Either way, here are some of my favorites.

Matilda by Roald Dahl
The Silver Crown by Robert C. O'Brien
Indian Captive: The Story of Mary Jemison (wore this book out)
City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
A World Without Heroes (Beyonders) by Brandon Mull
Nancy Drew books by Carolyn Keene
Books by Kenneth Thomasma:
    Amee-nah: Zuni Boy Runs the Race of His Life
    Soun Tetoken: Nez Perce Boy Tames a Stallion
    Naya Nuki: Shoshoni Girl Who Ran
    Moho Wat: Sheepeater Boy Attempts a Rescue



And there are others that I remember some details about reading because I was very into reading back when I was younger. I would read all the time. But I don't remember things like titles, authors or even character names or the exact plots per say. So, there are many great books even from when I was middle grade age. And some of the ones on the list are ones I've read as an adult.



What are your favorite middle grade novels?

2 comments:

Laura M. Campbell said...

BFG by Roald Dahl
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Babysitter's Club Series by Ann M. Martin
The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
Goosebumps Series and Fear Street Series by R.L. Stine
Horror by Caroline B. Cooney and Christopher Pike

I know there's more, but that's all I can remember at the moment.

Dawn Embers said...

Laura M. Campbell - I loved The Giver but wasn't sure if it was middle grade or YA. And there are some good books in the Fear Street. I especially liked the cheerleader ones when I was younger.