Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Dream

I was in a chat room when some asked a question that got me thinking. This person wanted to actually talk about writing on a writing web site (shocker) and asked why we wrote? What made us have that desire?

I wasn't sure how to answer that question. Why do I write?

Sure I have that dream where I would like to see my books in print but even if that never happens I would be okay. I enjoy taking stories from my imagination. I love writing about my characters and the things that they go through.

In some ways I live through my characters. There is so much they can do that I can't.

Part of it is also a crazy need to get the stories out of my head. So many characters talking and wanting to be heard. It feels like my job to be their outlet. Maybe I'm just crazy.

What is your motivation?

1 comments:

Jamie Eyberg said...

My motivation for writing are the stories in my head. Often I start with a character or a bit of a sentence and I wonder where it will go.