Sunday, August 23, 2009

Goals for September

When it comes to writing, I like to create goals each year and each month. Sort of like deadlines, but if I don't make one then I just change it for a later date. It gives me a deadline to work with and a goal to work towards. What this gives me is focus, which is a part that I have struggles because I work on too many projects at once.

I was surprised when I discovered that I'm actually doing well with the ones I set up for myself in January. I had to redo the teen book goal a couple of times, but at last I'm going to succeed. Here is an example of goals that I give myself:

September

BP - 15,000 words

Horror SS - Rewrite Not So Funny

Sci-Fi SS - Write Clone One

Fantasy SS - Write Elves with Technology

Pre-writing on Mom's novel

10 freelance works


I will report progress on here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome goals, darlin'!!

Hey, wanted to let you know you've been nominated for an award. Stop by my blog for more details. xD