I have to, according to the rules, post 10 things about myself in this blog post and pick 5 blogs deserving this award. Not the topic of writing but that's okay.
Here's the information about me:
1. I was born in a small town in wyoming. The same town my dad and his mom were born in, which made for a lot of people knowing who I am. Even had teachers that had taught my father.
2. Parents divorced when I was only 5 years old. Don't remember it really nor do I have many memories of when they were married.
3. I write in genres that I've never read. (tsk tsk, I know).
4. I am a very shy person, but don't always show it. Meet me at a writing conference or convention and you'd never guess that I was shy. The 8 years of competing in speech and debate helped with that.
5. While I want to be a published author, I also want to be a midwife part time. I'd love to be able to stay home part time as well working on novels and taking care of a family.
6. I can't wait to have kids and wish I didn't have to.
7. Weight has been a major issue for me over the years. Each time I make a huge effort only see minimal progress and back slide on a regular basis. I hope to change this in the future as I work on being healthier and exercising on a regular basis.
8. I love cats! And don't take kindly to humor involving harming them.
9. I can cook and bake. Trying recipes is very fun for me.
10. Technically I am bi, but I prefer to say gay. Never cared for the term lesbian, even though I prefer dating women. But right now I'm with a man. However, I am monogamous and will only be with one person at a time no matter their gender. My own gender has its questions and some days I think I would have been better off as a gay man.
Blogs deserving award:
1. My writing twin, who is always honest and willing to put forth her feelings and ideas even when that means trashing 50k words of a novel. http://ashelynnsanford.blogspot.com/
2. CJ Darlington had good writing posts. Anyone who can struggle with characters is one I can relate to for sure. http://cjdarlington.blogspot.com/
3. This one by Teresa Slack has writing and reviews. I like the title of it as well. http://teresaslack.blogspot.com/
4. H Paye is a friend from writing.com and introduces a number of authors in her blog. http://heatherpaye.blogspot.com/
5. Lenore is another resource for books to read and authors discussed. http://presentinglenore.blogspot.com/
That is my list and selections. Not sure how they find out but guess I'll wait and see.