Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O is for Oregon

Oregon Trail was one of my favorite computer games growing up. It required doing an action on the computer that I knew how to do back then but no longer no how to get to, but was fun even with the old time graphics. It was an exciting time at school, in elementary, when we were allowed to play the game for 10 minutes. Then I got to play the game at home and would play it when I didn't have homework and wasn't reading (I read a lot back then).

But the Oregon Trail game isn't my reason for this post. Nope.

I am going to be moving to Oregon in the near future. Nothing is concrete yet but I've heard from one area manager, and another might be calling soon. So, the transfer is one step closer and after that is a bit more closer I can find an apartment and start packing.

What does this have to do with writing? Well, things might be changing soon. I will be living near Portland Oregon and looking forward to finding some writing groups and maybe even conferences in the area. Don't get much local stuff in small town Wyoming. Plus the change in location should give me a different perspective to at least a small degree.

Blogging may slim down after April because of the mood and needing to get Internet but I plan to keep trying when I can, and my phone does have Internet.

I'm nervous and excited. So much to pack....


So, how are you?

2 comments:

Denise Covey said...

Hi Dawn. I hope the Oregon move comes off and you can get your own place and paint some walls, hey? Keep us posted.

I did a great creative writing course at the Queensland Writer's Centre (a great place and just across the bridge for me!) and from that many of us are joining together as a writing group, starting this morning. Your latest follower, Charmaine Clancy, is in the group too, having just moved to Brisbane. Was fun to meet a fellow blogger in person!

So Dawn, let us know what happens...sounds exciting.

Denise

Dawn Embers said...

Denise - Thanks for everything. Ooo writing group and follower, that's awesome. I hope I can find some writing groups when in a more populated location. I have met a few writing friends in person so far and can't wait to meet more some day. Will keep all posted on my attempts to move.